Monday, July 21, 2008

Hi Ho Folks!

Don't know about you but I'm really revved up over my new blog site. Seriously!!!!! All this wonderful technology just blows my hair back, even though I'm aware that I'm not the brightest bulb in the chandelier when it comes to things technological. So I thought (just to whet your appetite even more) that I would include another brilliant poem that I wrote a couple of years ago when I was going through the slough of despond. This poem is entitled P.R.O.M. (see if you can relate to this!).

"It's snoresville deluxe
It's dullsville supreme
It's an insomniacs delight
It is what it seems

It's eyelids come down
It's attention span short
You look at the folder
and that's your last thought

It's major league boredom
It's dreary, incomprehensible
It's the ultimate sleeping pill
It's........Principles of Record Management."

4 comments:

libnerdy said...

did you join the poetry day in the library?

coolpoetry said...

Yes I did!!! A momentous event beheld by all who attended. I'm thinking that maybe in about 50 years time or so, students doing Honours and Masters in English and Literature will be writing 10,000 word essays on the deeper significance and underlying meanings of my poems......

savvyblanc said...

Have you thought of giving up your day job? That is some of the best poetry I have ever read.
I'm not a great poetry fan but these poems are deep, meaningful and I'm sure all of us bloggers can relate to your thoughts.
Aim for the Montana Poetry Award in2009.
Good luck.

FlopsyMopsy said...

What a marvellous medium for you to start publishing your poetry!

I always said that you ought to publish online - go for it Cool Poet, let's have some more!