Monday, July 28, 2008

WHOAAAAA RICH!!!! Yep, I'm REALLY on a roll here folks! I just can't help it!!!!! Here is yet another great and groovy poem from yours truly Rich the Cool Guy.

Here's something that we can all relate too. Cold dark bleak morning. Flopping haphazardly out of bed. Dragging yourself to the shower. Trudging off to work. No spring in your step..... Yep! You guessed it.....it's MONDAY!!!!!!

This poem captures the essence of what Monday is all about and it is dedicated to everyone out there who endures this odyssey week after week after week.....


" Up at 6
Can't believe I'm awake
No strong black coffee
I'm a goner by 8

From 8 until 9, I try to be inspired
Despite the fact, that I'm incredibly tired
But from 9 through to 10
Need rest. Oh when? Oh when?

10 to 11, I'm at my work station
Wish I were a bear, having 6 months hibernation
And 11 to 12, the midday fiesta
Can't we please close shop and have a siesta?

So at 12 to 1, a break! How terrific!
Doesn't help me at all, I'm sooooo soporific
I have my lunch, into the chair I sink
Is there any relief? Can I catch 40 winks?
To stay awake I try to read
But my eyelids are coming down at very high speed

From 1 until 2, am I awake? have I dozed?
I am seriously, seriously comatozed
Between 2 and 3, I'm starting to go under
The situation's desperate, I really need to slumber

The infinite stretch between between 3 and 4
Means a titanic effort not to snore
The long minutes till 5, tell me I'm barely alive
Only 30 minutes left....can I possibly survive?

By 5:30 my eyes are as heavy as lead
So its off home for me now, to my slippers and bed
I try not to think of a new day dawning
Look! Already that's got me yawning...."

REPEAT BACK TO VERSE ONE....and start all over again......

3 comments:

Proud Aunty of 2 said...

Hey Rich

You are getting into the swing of recording your wonderful great poems onto your coolpoetry blog. Love the poems and the photos are cool. Keep it up!!

jctheboss

Shopping Woman said...

Hi there Cool Poetry,
I have to say I always look forward to the Takapuna minutes these days, and how often can that be said about meeting minutes?! Your brain must be buzzing with ideas and rhymes, and the poems are always entertaining as well as touching a chord with your readers. I hate getting up at 6 as well!

trixie said...

Hi cool poetry
Thankyou for the kind words on my poem. Unfortunately I cannot match your prolific output. How wonderful to be able to write up personal thoughts in such an amusing way.